Initial Evaluations and Add-On Evaluations (Abbreviated) are paid by the pilot and flown under the C7 mission symbol.
Annual Evaluations may be paid by the Wing if monies are available. These evaluations are flown under the A7 mission symbol.
- The Wing ADO maintains a spreadsheet of all pilots coming due form 5s and form 91s. You may contact him 60 days prior to your due date to see if it will be funded by the Wing.
- Pilots receive funding consideration based upon the extent of their qualifications and contributions to CAP over the past year and are rank-ordered accordingly.
Form 5 Procedure:
- Pilots are to notify their Squadron Commander via email that they are due for and requesting a Form 5.
- Squadron Commanders will move the request up the Command chain to receive approval.
- If the request for a Form 5 is approved by Command, the Wing DOV will receive notification that the Pilot has been approved.
- The Wing DOV will coordinate with the Check Pilot pool and assign a Check Pilot to proctor the Pilots Form 5. Notification to the Pilot as to who the Check Pilot will be for their Form 5 will be done by the Wing DOV.
- Enter your mission into WMIRS
- Show up at the appointed place and time wearing an authorized CAP uniform combination with the following:
- A Form 5 with the appropriate items filled in.
- A questionnaire for each aircraft in which you are seeking flight approval.
- Your required FAA certificates.
- A weight & balance computation for your flight.
- A take-off performance calculation for your departure time.
- Any other data assigned by your check pilot.
- Any data required by Current Special Interest Item(s) (SII) action.
- After the flight, your check pilot will return your Form 5 and graded questionnaire(s).
Once the check ride is completed and passed, enter your data into Ops Quals for validation. Be sure to also upload your documents into your Pilot Information File (PIF).